Hey there! So…. if you are reading this it means you have been invited to visit our fair city! As one of the top tourist cities in the South, Savannah, GA has so many amazing things to do and places to see, and it can be hard to narrow down your options, let alone even know where to start! I’ve compiled a list of my “Must See” stops here in Savannah, perfect for just about any need you may have while on your visit. Take a look at our Savannah GA City Guide For Wedding Guests!
Buy Our Stuff
- Shop SCAD– Savannah, GA is home to the infamous Savannah College of Art and Design, one of the top artistic universities in the country! For some truly one of a kind shopping, make sure to stop by Shop SCAD, home to hundreds of products all hand crafted by the country’s top emerging young artists.
- Urban Poppy– A personal favorite of mine, Urban Poppy features contemporary home furnishings and décor, perfect for that last-minute wedding gift for the happy couple, or to grab a new finishing touch for your own home!
- Savannah Bee Company– As one of the city’s most famous stores, Savannah Bee Company houses some of the best honey products money can buy. Complete with body care, an assortment of mead, and just about any type of honey blend to use as a topping, ingredient, or even just to eat straight out of the jar, you won’t want to miss this gem.
Drink Our Drinks
- Rocks on the River– Located on top of the picturesque Bohemian Hotel, Rocks on the River is the perfect spot to grab a late-night drink and enjoy the sights of Savannah from up above. Don’t forget to try out their All-American fare in case you start needing a midnight snack!
- Abe’s on Lincoln– For a more casual dive bar setting, head over to Abe’s on Lincoln. Cheap drinks, quirky napkin art displays, and a great time can all be found at this hole in the wall bar- perfect for your post wedding festivities.
- Artillery– The Artillery bar, located in the heart of downtown Savannah, is the perfect start for a night on the town. With a business casual/semi-formal dress code, industrial chic ambiance, and high quality drinks, this trendy speakeasy is a classic must hit for your next date night or GNO!
- The Public Kitchen and Bar– This contemporary “farm to kitchen” restaurant is a personal favorite of mine. With a focus on bringing high quality food and service in a beautiful space while still staying affordable, The Public offers the freshest quality food and drinks in a space truly reflective of its mission.
- Barrelhouse South– Get out your best karaoke chops and head over to Barrelhouse South, one of the hottest live music venues in the city. With new performances by local favorites, karaoke nights, and drinks to blow your mind, this venue is the perfect place for some nightlife you definitely won’t forget.
- El Rocko Lounge–For a blast to the past, make your way down to El Rocko, a quirky disco inspired lounge located right on downtown Broughton Street. A spacious dance floor, eclectic drinks, and some of the grooviest décor this side of the border invite you in for a night of fun, and who are you to pass that up?
Eat Our Food
- . Vic’s on the River– For the perfect riverfront dining experience, look no further than Vic’s on the River. With a gorgeous view of Downtown Savannah and waterside dining, this restaurant is a must stop experience for your next date night (or maybe even rehearsal dinner!)
- CO– For the adventurous diners in the group, head on over to CO for eclectic twists on classic Asian dishes. Meaning “feast” in Vietnamese, this trendy dinner spot lives up to its name with delicious sushi rolls, pho, and more.
- SoHo South– If atmosphere and ambiance are high up on your list, SoHo South is a can’t miss lunch spot here in Savannah, GA. Previously a car repair shop, this renovated industrial space takes on a new face with mis-matched antique furniture, bright colors, and mason jars galore. Our menu recommendation: the SoHo Classic Grilled Cheese and tomato soup, the perfect mix of classic comfort food with a touch of southern flair.
- Alligator Soul– Torn between fine dining and classic Southern cuisine? Alligator Soul combines these two previously foreign themes effortlessly into what has now been described one of Savannah’s best restaurants. Following the city’s trend of renovating old spaces, Alligator Soul takes an old grain warehouse and combines the owner’s love of film into the perfect dining experience.
- 17 Hundred 90– A tastefully decorated homage to true Southern living, 17 Hundred 90 provides locals and tourists alike with the chance to go back in time to truly elegant dining in a traditional style home. Hailed as one of the most elegant spots in the city, this restaurant’s top notch entrees and truly unique wine selection will have you begging to come back for more.
- Cotton and Rye– This Savannah classic is a true trendsetter when it comes to fine cuisine. Carefully combining fresh faced techniques and traditional cooking styles, Cotton and Rye is paving the way for the next generation of dining while still staying true to their roots. With a chic ambiance perfect for date nights or group gatherings alike, this restaurant is sure to be a fan favorite on your next trip.
Take A Coffee Break
- Foxy Loxy– A true Savannah classic. Foxy Loxy is the perfect place to kick back with a great coffee, relax, and take a break from all your sightseeing. With an incredible vegan-friendly bakery section, appetizers and a beer/wine selection at night, and indoor or outdoor seating, Foxy Loxy is the perfect stop for a caffeine boost, or to do some quality people watching with a view.
- Savannah Coffee Roasters– Looking for a cozy place to sit back and relax after a long day of exploring? Look no further than Savannah Coffee Roasters, a truly unique coffee brewery with their own special blends of sweet, sweet, roasts. Complete with tons of comfy seating and a beautiful fireplace, Savannah Coffee Roasters is the perfect pit stop during your day.
- Mate Factor– For a coffee experience that practically takes you out of reality, make sure to stop by Mate Factor. The entire inside of this quaint café is straight out of a fairytale, with dining available upstairs, downstairs, and even inside what feels like a little dwarf house! Be sure to try out the assortment of baked goods, you won’t regret it.
- Brighter Day– Trying to stay on the leaner side this visit? Stop by Brighter Day, a natural food market located practically on Forsyth Park. With practically everything you could need, including organic foods, fresh produce, and a juice bar, this spot is great for a quick, yet nutritious pick me up.
Go Have Fun For The Whole Family! Seriously.
- Get Air Savannah– For an active adventure for the whole family, head on over to Get Air Savannah, a booming trampoline and activity park. Located only about 10 minutes outside of Downtown Savannah, this attraction is sure to delight and excite your younger guests, and who knows, maybe even you if you’re up to the challenge! If trampoline parks aren’t your cup of tea, let the little ones unwind while you enjoy complimentary massage chairs just for parents.
- Savannah Climbing Coop– Head on over to Savannah Climbing Coop, Savannah GA’s first ever indoor rock climbing experience! Filled with different walls of varying levels, this up and coming site is a top seller for new challenges and exciting adventures.
- Ghost Tour– Savannah, GA is naturally known to be one of the most haunted cities in the country, and rightfully so. Experience the darker side of our fair city with a truly spooky Ghost Tour in a real hearse! Your tour guide will take you all over downtown Savannah to see the creepiest spots in town. But be weary: you might end up bringing an extra guest back to your hotel room!
- Jepson Center Museum– For those of you hoping to experience a little culture and art during your trip, the Jepson Center is a true must-see. Filled with all kinds of unique and bold contemporary artwork in a truly stunning modern interior, the Jepson Center is sure to entertain your creative spark.
- Trustee’s Theater– Located on the historic Broughton Street, Trustee’s Theater is a must hit during your visit! This SCAD owned theater shows off both classic and student films throughout the year, and is home to the infamous Savannah Film Festival, an annual event each October.
- Mead Tasting– Craving a unique, more mature activity? Head on over to one of our favorite shopping locations (as previously mentioned), Savannah Bee Company, for some mead tasting! Perfect for girl gangs and guy squads alike, this unique outing is sure to bring a touch of class to your Savannah vacation.
- Savannah Canoe and Kayak– One of the best parts about being in Savannah is you are never too far from the water. Take advantage of your next getaway and head out to Savannah Canoe and Kayak- the best waterfront tours of Savannah’s coast. Grab your kayaks and/or paddleboards and set sail on some of the most beautiful waters in the South!
- Savannah Bananas Game– For an All-American classic, head on down to the ball game and watch our very own Savannah Bananas hit the field! With great deals for the family or even the bachelor party, you’re sure to have a great time that will last way past the last inning.
If You Are Not Tired By Now… Go Walk Around These Places.
- Bonaventure Cemetery– As previously mentioned, Savannah is well known for being one of the most haunted cities in the south. Take in the sights of Savannah while indulging in your paranormal side through Bonaventure Cemetery, perhaps the most beautiful cemetery in the state.
- Skidaway Island State Park– Looking for a park that has it all? Head on over to Skidaway Island State Park for a variety of different trails, marshes, forests, and a lookout. This park is the perfect spot to unwind and take in some nature.
- Tybee Island– One of the great parts of being in Savannah is you are never too far from island time. Tybee Island is the perfect example of true coastal living, boasting a truly gorgeous beach and tons of cute little shops to peruse. Take the whole family for some beach fun, or take a romantic stroll with the love of your life- either is sure to bring lifelong memories.
- Wormsloe Plantation– Take a trip back to the eighteenth century and head over to Wormsloe Historic Site, one of Savannah’s oldest estates and properties. With a Spanish moss lined avenue and hundreds of live oaks, this enchanting destination is a true must see on your visit.
- River Street– A top tourist attraction in Savannah, River Street is a great place to get your fill of cute boutique shops, riverside views, and some quality people watching. With the iconic cobblestone streets guiding your way, you can’t beat this classic Savannah spot!
- Jones St– Hailed as one of the most beautiful streets in America, Jones Street is the perfect place to stroll down hand in hand with your loved one and escape from the everyday stresses of life. With a cobblestone street and a canopy of Spanish moss to lead the way, you won’t want to miss this gorgeous walk back in time.
- Forsyth Park– Forsyth Park is one of the most famous spots in Savannah, and for good reason too! Filled with Spanish moss, lush greenery, and tons of walkways, it’s no wonder this park gets so many raving reviews. Make sure to stop by the infamous fountain for some pictures, and take a walk through the secret garden, you’ll be feeling refreshed in no time.
- Savannah’s Squares– One of the main foundations of the city is it’s many squares, 22 to be exact! Take some time exploring some of these gorgeous little areas around the city. Each one has its own special charm and unique flair. A town favorite? Chippewa Square, the infamous spot of Forrest Gump’s “Life’s a box of chocolates” speech.
As you can see, Savannah is just filled with tons of activities for just about everyone. It’s so easy to fall in love with this gorgeous city, and there’s truly not enough time on any one visit to explore and see it to its full potential. Feel free to share this with your out of town guests for the upcoming wedding, or simply peruse yourself and find some new hidden gems in the city you may call home.
Thank you for reading Savannah GA City Guide For Wedding Guests! Go to our General Wedding FAQ and our Engagement Session FAQ posts for more information about how to prepare for your photo sessions. I also have other posts that can help you in your wedding preparations in our Journal Page. Check out My List of The Best Savannah Wedding Vendors, 12 Wedding Traditions You Should Know About, Curious Wedding Facts From Around the Globe and many others!
[vc_btn title=”Contact Me Here” style=”outline-custom” outline_custom_color=”#777777″ outline_custom_hover_background=”#ddac5d” outline_custom_hover_text=”#ffffff” shape=”square” size=”lg” align=”center” link=”url:http%3A%2F%2Fvitor-lindo.com%2Fvitor-lindo-best-wedding-photographer-videographer-savannah%2F|||” custom_onclick=”true”]