- Tell us about the proposal: We flew to France and Chas, who always does all the vacation planning, planned a whole trip to the Champagne region, tours, and then finish out the trip in Paris where we enjoyed our last vacation so much. The trip got off to a ROCKY start when our flights were canceled due to weather and we ended up getting laid over and stuck at PHL airport for 24 hours. Looking back… NO WONDER he was freaking out so much instead of just rolling with it… because he had plans to pop the question at our first cellar tour with photographer arranged and all. Long story short, 24 hours later than planned, we still made it to Veuve Clicquot, tagged along to a tour entirely in French despite neither of us speaking any, had dinner at our Chateau, and after-dinner drinks turned into having the whole bar area to ourselves where Chas pulled the ring out and we officially became engaged and continued cheers-ing with Champagne and toasting to other folks who spoke about 5 words of English. The rest of the trip was so magical and I cannot believe that I am so gullible that I didn’t see it coming. It was all so perfect and so fitting of our relationship along the way withstanding setbacks and distance and timing yet still prevailing to be the journey of a lifetime.
- Why did you choose the venues and locations that you chose? Savannah GA is located right in between the groom’s north Georgia roots and the bride’s south Florida roots. Both Chas & I love history and historic venues so Savannah was calling us from the get-go since it is so rich in history. I specifically love a little bit of industrial history and exposed brick makes my eyes light up– so the second we stepped foot on GSRM, my imagination went wild, my eyes lit up and Chas knew it had to be there.
- Tell about your favorite elements from the wedding. Such as decor, flowers, dress etc I THINK my favorite elements in the wedding decor can be found when looking UP. The chandeliers and the floral chandeliers were higher priority than my dress even when imagining it all 🙂 Chas’ favorite might be his Cigar bar
- Who is your planner? Vanessa Saturday, Spectacular Saturday events
- What are your venues? Including hotels.Georgia State Railroad Museum, Perry Lane Hotel, (McDonoughs, after party)
- Who is doing your hair and Makeup? Royal Makeup and Hair
- Who are the designers or stores for your dress, shoe and jewelry? Bridesmaids as well.Ines Di Santo, Jimmy Choo, Lulus Bridesmaids
- Who is the caterer and your cake baker? Thrive Catering
- Who did your flowers? Kato Floral Designs
- Who is your DJ or Band? All about you entertainment
- Where are the men’s suits from? The Black Tux
- Where are the wedding bands and ring from? Ackerman Jewelers, Simon G and Natalie K are the designers
- Did you have to rent chairs or the like? Who did you rent it from? EventWorks Rentals
- Where is the invitation suite from? Minted.com
Thanks for reading! Go to my brand new Wedding Planning page for honest, non-conventional practicable wedding planning advice and the complete list of all my most trusted vendors in Savannah and other cities in the South.
We have other posts that can help you in your wedding preparations in our Journal Page.
Don’t forget to check out my homepage for my newest wedding photography work.